Translate

Wednesday 4 July 2012

The hairy devil advocate of a friend once asked a question that will all prove us clueless. He asked, "Why do you think we were born?" As often as I do I tried by all means to answer this, but to no success. I am not afraid to say this although the answer seems to be on the tip of my tongue, I do not know! 
As someone who believes he is on a quest of finding truth in this world, I never stopped wondering, it has gnawed my mind for a while. So, I made a decision I can start answering this by imaging the invisible to mankind, which we as humans so much indulge in...
"They say if you really really try hard you can remember your childhood if you try even harder you can remember being in your mother's womb and if you try extra hard you can remember even before that and you remember God" (Zubs, Drunken Angels don't cry). These lyrics and many more couldn't tame my curiosity.
My fear of God wouldn't let my mind go that far so I can settle for my mother's womb. It all begin in two distant worlds only connected by time-Kwa-Bomvana and Kwa-Bhaca noNtlangwini. Motion brought by by history and coincidence ("web of fate", Muthwa) gave in and personal connection was possible. Feelings were trusting and human fluid kinetic evolved, human bodily changes were visible. The absorption of Methodist church norms by Kwa-Bhaca led to the establishment of relations by these worlds. 
 Through these sets of events lay a being, fully aware of himself and the world trusting his mother's womb shared her movements and habits. A second led to a minute, a minute led to an hour, hours gave way to the sunset, the sunset continuously with no unique significance until the insignificance broke human ambitions as the 'year' (Romantic interpretation) grew to an end. The bodily changes became very much visible everything grew, the being inside the womb need movement and growth. 
The world was shut away from the being, but him and his mother were witnesses of it all. Days of summer grew to an end, this meant the mother would expect the great phenomena, not knowing when she was  witness such was forced to be with the vicinity of eMhlangeni (Riet Vlei Hospital).  The soundless pains were louder than the unbearable screams, breathing came with more pain. It two days in  the month of harvest at about 6 prime time the being came in direct connection with the world. He trusted her with the womb, stayed until it was humanly possible. The being became uQaqambile, Cwangcisa, Lungisa, Jabulani wakwa Mathentamo. 
I thought hard and imagined inside her womb, the answer lied within the two worlds, web of fate, the connection, the meaning behind names. I may not  know why I was born yet; but my history providing my identity and names giving the idea of my ambition and of many keeps me in search of the crux of ones birth.  

No comments:

Post a Comment